Blog / Holiday Gift Guide
From the beginning birder to the pollinator-obsessed gardener, our helpful holiday gift guide is packed with top recommendations for backyard wildlife lovers of all types and ages!
Jump to section
Looking for something cute, sweet and small? Slip one (or two) of our small capacity hummingbird feeders into the stocking of the bird lover on your list!
1. Our best-selling mason jar hummingbird feeder is as cute as it is practical! With a 6 oz. capacity and an easy-clean, easy-fill design, it's the perfect stocking stuffer for beginners or those with limited outdoor space.
2. These single flower hummingbird feeders have one-of-a-kind look coupled with a bee-resistant design. They come in purple, pink or a red and yellow multi-pack.
Know someone who's always complaining about the squirrels raiding their bird feeders? These pesky critters are constantly on the lookout for a quick and nutritious snack no matter if it's meant for them or anyone else! Help stop the squirrels in style with these brand new additions to our squirrel-proof feeder lineup.
3. Defend your bird seed with multiple squirrel-stopping features on our brand new family of Squirrel Shield bird feeders! The weight-sensitive seed shield, quick locking roof, and push-toggle on each feeder work together to keep squirrels out! Plus, no tools are needed to take apart and clean.
4. Add a touch of rustic charm to the backyard birding experience while keeping the squirrels at bay with the Squirrel Shield Lantern Feeder! This feeder features a slide-up locking roof, weight-sensitive seed shields that block the squirrel's access to seed and collapsing perches that make it harder for squirrels to gain a secure foothold on the feeder.
5. If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em! Hang a metal corn cob feeder anywhere in your yard for critter feeding fun! Or set out a hanging platform feeder in a squirrel-accessible location. They’ll soon prefer the easy to reach feeder and stay out of your regular bird feeders!
Working from home
Home office giving you the blues? Bring the birdwatching experience inside and relax throughout the day as you observe nature while you work.
6. This unique window feeder is built with a suction cup mounting system that attaches directly to your window, giving you a unique opportunity to view the birds up close like never before. Unlike other window feeders, this feeder comes equipped with four side-mounted suction cups, providing you an unobstructed view of the birds.
7. Bring the hummingbirds to your window with our traditional window feeder! This feeder features built-in hummingbird perches to encourage longer feeding times and window-mount technology for the most up-close hummingbird viewing.
Unique bird feeders and houses
Birds come in all shapes and sizes, and so do our feeders and houses! Try out a new style of bird feeder to keep things fresh in the yard.
8. Try a new silhouette for your backyard birds with a new gazebo bird feeder! Designed with a channeled and perforated base, these feeders have proper water drainage to keep seed fresh. The wide opening and push toggle roof make for easy filling!
9. Say goodbye to boring tube feeders and hello to our series of decorative tube feeders! Featuring beautiful, colorful floral patterns on the tubes, these feeders are sure to add a fun look to your bird feeding station!
10. You can attract some of the most colorful birds, like orioles and bluebirds, with a specified bird feeder. Oriole feeders typically have dishes for jelly or nectar and spikes to feed fruit slices. Our bluebird feeder comes with a dish that you can fill with mealworms and spikes for suet balls or fresh fruit!
11. Feed more birds in the same vertical space by connecting multiple feeders from top to bottom! These new decorative floral glass hummingbird feeders are very easy to fill and keep clean with the wide opening and removable parts.
For the beginning birder
Backyard birdwatching is a relaxing hobby that's simple to try and fun to do no matter the season! Give the gift of fun backyard relaxation with these bird feeding staples for the beginning birder in your life.
12. A platform feeder is an excellent choice for any birder who wants to attract the widest variety of birds with virtually any type of seed. The open design of this feeder allows many birds of multiple sizes to feed at once, making for a busy and exciting experience! Available in 12"x12" and 10"x10" sizes.
13. A basic cedar hopper feeder can attract a wide variety of birds of all sizes. Easy to fill and clean, these feeders are sure to become a quick favorite! The attached suet cages give even more options for feeding and attracting birds. Available in 3 qt. and 6 qt. varieties.
For the hummingbird obsessed
Do you have a friend who shouts in delight when they see a hummingbird outside their window? A family member who cares for their backyard birds like their own pet? Consider gifting them a beautiful new hummingbird feeder that will bring even more hummingbirds to their yard.
14. You’ll love the intricate detail on our new antique textured glass hummingbird feeders! These beautiful top-fill feeders feature a versatile dual-use basket for either hanging or tabletop placement. A solar-powered LED light on the ANTHF2-I turns this model into an illuminated decoration at night. Our large capacity gravity feeder is bee resistant and can hold up to 28 oz of nectar!
15. Feed more birds in the same vertical space by connecting multiple feeders from top to bottom! These new decorative floral glass hummingbird feeders are very easy to fill and keep clean with the wide opening and removable parts. Bonus: These feeders come in an easy-to-wrap box!
16. Gorgeous hummingbird feeder by day. Stunning lantern by night! Our best-selling illuminated hummingbird feeder includes a solar-powered LED that is sure to impress the bird lover on your gift list. This feeder comes in an easy-to-wrap box!
17. Feed the birds and help fight cancer, too! Featuring refreshing citrus patterns and innovative features, help support the fight against childhood cancer by taking the hummingbirds to the lemonade stand! A portion of the proceeds from your purchase will be donated to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation to help cure childhood cancer. For more patterned options, check out our Charming Peony and Vintage Blossom variations. (Donation only applicable to the Hummingbird Lemonade Stand Feeder.)
18. Our premium artisan hand blown glass hummingbird feeders serve as both a functional feeder and a beautiful decoration. Unlike painted glass or plastic, these feeders feature actual colored glass with a unique pattern only achievable through the artisanal process - ensuring that the colors remain bold and vibrant for the years to come! This 28 oz. feeder comes in Sunny Day and Spring Rain patterns.
19. Our mason jar hummingbird feeder is as cute as it is practical! With a 6 oz. capacity and an easy-clean, easy-fill design, it's the perfect stocking stuffer for beginners or those with limited outdoor space.
Fab farmhouse feeders and houses
What better way to welcome the birds to your backyard than with our rustic and elegant collection of bird feeders and houses? See our top picks below and shop the entire rustic collection to find the perfect fit for the birder on your list.
20. Take the backyard birds to the farmers market with an inviting farmhouse feeder! With multiple feeder styles in whitewashed and galvanized finishes, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your farmhouse fanatic friends!
21. Help the birds make a home, sweet home in the backyard with these cozy farmhouse birdhouses! Attract Bluebirds and Tree Swallows with a Bluebird house or wrens and chickadees with a wren house.
Have someone on your list who has everything?
22. Everyone could use a helping hand! Help make it easier to get the chores done by gifting the Handle-it bag clip! Handle-it is an all-in one solution for storing and using big bulky bags of seed, feed, fertilizer or ice melt.
23. The AdjustaPole system is a completely customizable and adjustable outdoor hook and display system; great for bird feeders and plants! This ultra-durable product is stronger than other traditional shepherd's hooks and resists bending or bowing.
For the kids
It's never too early to get into birding! Help a child learn about birds while having fun with one of these ideas for kids!
24. Our My First series of build-it-together kits transform into fully functional houses as you guide your child through assembly and decorate them together. Help teach your child the benefits of conserving and supporting wildlife while creating lasting memories in the yard! Also available in wren, bee and butterfly house styles.
25. Improve your birdwatching experience inside and out by putting up this unique window feeder! Teach your child about local birds and how to attract them with different seed while keeping a log of which birds you see the most! This window feeder is built with a suction cup mounting system that attaches directly to your window, giving you a unique opportunity to view the birds up close like never before.
For the gardener
Got a gardener on your list? We've got just the thing to help their plants reach their full potential without the use of harsh chemicals or pesticides.
26. Attract gentle solitary bees and predatory insects to the garden with a beneficial insect house! Gentle solitary bees are capable of pollinating up to 20 times the amount of flowers as honey bees and predatory insects such as ladybugs and lacewings eat harmful plant pests such as aphids.
27. Improve the health and performance of plants in the yard with a pollinator tower! Hollow plant stems and pre-drilled wood blocks in these houses provide these power pollinators with the perfect place to lay their eggs, which ensures that you have these helpers around for years to come!
For the environmentalist
We've got a few ideas for the conservation-conscious shopper!
28. More sustainable and longer lasting than their cedar counterparts, our line of bamboo feeders are naturally insect and squirrel resistant. Available in platform, vertical wave, tail-prop suet and hopper feeder styles.
29. In the last 100 years, 50% of Midwestern native bee species have disappeared from their habitats. Help support the native bee population and provide them the perfect place to lay their eggs and reproduce with a beautiful farmhouse bee barn! See all beneficial insect houses for all available styles.
Let them choose
Give the gift of choice with our digital store gift card!
30. The Digital Store Gift Card arrives by email and/or text to the original purchaser. When gifting to a recipient, we suggest printing out the Digital Store Gift Card or forwarding your gift card fulfillment email.
Shop all the latest bird feeders.
Browse our tried and true best-selling bird feeders, houses and accessories.
Gifts for the Bird Enthusiast
For the bird lover who would be thrilled to see a pileated woodpecker or flicker visit their feeder, this is the gift to pick! These suet feeders are especially designed with tail-props to attract large woodpeckers to any backyard setting. They come in bamboo and cedar and can also hold in-shell peanuts!
Gifts for the Gardener
For the gardener on your list! Beneficial Insect Houses increase plant health and performance, provide nesting locations for pollinators and provide shelter for beneficial predatory insects all without the use of any harmful chemicals! These houses come in a variety of sizes so you can find one to fit large or small spaces.
Gifts for the Last Minute Shopper
Looking for something quick and easy to wrap? All of our hand blown glass nectar feeders come in easily wrapped packaging. Check out the various color options available on our website. These continue to be a customer favorite year after year!
Gifts on a Budget
Our best gift under $15 is also one of our newest. Our Farmhouse Easy Clean™ feeder (model # WWWPRB-DECO) holds up to 2.8 quarts of seed and brings a unique farmhouse style to the birding experience. Innovative design allows for complete disassembly for a thorough cleaning.
Need a stocking stuffer idea? How about two? First, our Single Flower Hummingbird Feeders come in pink and purple or in a red and yellow multi-pack. Second, our Mason Jar Hummingbird Feeder was an instant hit after its debut last fall and is as cute as it is practical with an easy-clean and easy-fill design.
Gifts for the Beginning Birder
Know someone just starting to dabble in birding? Tray feeders (also called platform feeders) are the perfect gift! They are easy to use and provide ample viewing space from all angles to see the variety of birds that are sure to visit. Ours come in a variety of sizes and materials so that you can pick just the right gift based on your budget!
Gifts for Grandpa
Does Grandpa put jelly out for the orioles in a tuna can or yogurt container? Upgrade him to one of our NEW oriole feeders that are easy to use and easy to clean. The Wire Oriole Feeder is ready to use with just a scoop of grape jelly and a sliced orange! Our All-In-One Oriole Buffet has spots for jelly, oranges and nectar to please even the most finicky of orioles.
Gifts for Grandma
Our Cedar Bluebird Box House model CWH4 has a stay-clear panel under the clean-out door that allows for nest viewing while protecting the birds. What a great activity to do with the grandkids!
Gifts to Match Country Décor
Our Country Bluebird and Wren Houses come in a variety of trendy colors and are as functional as they are decorative! Bluebird Houses are available in Walnut, Maple or Weathered and Wren Houses are available in Mauve, Plum, and Teal. These houses can be placed outside to attract a wide variety of birds, or could also be used indoors as accessories to match country décor.
Gifts for the Farmhouse Fanatic
Our Farmhouse line of products includes feeders and houses white-washed for that farmhouse look that is so popular right now. Still made with naturally rot and insect resistant premium cedar, these products bring an elegant and trendy look to any birding experience!
Gifts for Year-Round Bird Feeding
Do you have a friend or family member who makes sure the birds are fed year-round and in all types of weather? If so, our Cedar Hopper Feeders are the perfect gift. They come in a variety of sizes and styles, with or without suet holders and with extra spacing to accommodate bigger birds like cardinals or jays.
Gifts for the Environmentalist
Did you know that bats often consume their weight in insect pests each night? Nature's Way Bat Houses are products that help keep your backyard bug populations in check naturally without the use of harmful chemical sprays! Pick from single chamber house that has a 60-bat capacity or our triple-chamber that holds up to 300!
The Perfect Pair
Pair our brand new Bluebird Buffet feeder with our classic Bluebird House and you have the perfect gift for the bluebird lover in your family. Our newest feeder provides spots for bluebird favorites like fruit, suet and mealworms and our house has the distinctive Nature's Way black roof and features like a mesh floor, air vents and clean-out door. The perfect pair!
Gifts on a Budget
Our best gift under $10 is also our newest feeder. Our Mason Jar Hummingbird Feeder holds up to 6 ounces and its Easy-Fill & Clean™ feature allows for complete disassembly for a thorough cleaning. Winner of Best New Product at multiple Lawn & Garden distributor shows this fall.
Gifts Designed to WOW!
How about a best seller? Our solar-powered hummingbird feeder looks great by day and shines by night. This feeder holds up to 16 ounces and lends elegance to any outdoor setting. Another Easy-Fill & Easy-Clean™ feeder from our hand-blown glass line.
Gifts for the Bird Enthusiast
For the bird lover who has everything we suggest our Squirrel Proof feeder model PSP1. This innovative feeder incorporates superior quality materials with squirrel-busting features like spring-loaded collapsible perches and a weight-sensitive outer tube.
Gifts for the Gardener
For the gardener or environmentalist on your list! Beneficial insect houses increase plant health, provide nesting locations for pollinators and much more!!
Gifts for the Last Minute Shopper
Want something easy to wrap? All our hand blown glass nectar feeders come pre-boxed and ready to wrap. What could be easier!? Check out the color and pattern options on our website HERE.
Need a stocking stuffer idea? Our Single Flower Hummingbird Feeders, or cupcake feeders as we call them in the office, are the perfect option. These feeders come in pink and purple or in a red/yellow two-pack for those with really big stockings.
Still need more ideas? We still have lots of other options on our website including several feeders and houses on sale. Check out our store HERE.